When writing an essay on social issues, you need a topic that relates to the audience’s current issues. This helps the reader to connect with you for a smooth delivery naturally. Most students find it challenging to construct a topic to write about. Our essay writers have compiled social issues essay topics to help you choose the right one. They have also provided a guide on how to write social issues essays and actively help students create social issues essays that relate to diverse audiences.
Social Issues Essay Topics
if you want to write an impactful and compelling controversial essay, you need to find the best social issues essay topic. The events and trends of the current year have had an impact on everyone in society. Due to the need to demonstrate your knowledge of contemporary social concerns, you may regularly find yourself assigned to write an academic paper on a social topic.
One step to preparing you to be a contributing adult in your society is writing research papers, presentations, and articles. You must, therefore, make an effort to be informed about recent changes and trends. Some teenagers are so engrossed in online gaming and media that they fail to notice the problems around them. Writing a paper on contemporary social issues in 2023 is an opportunity to broaden one’s horizons and deepen one’s knowledge.
How to Write an Essay on Social Issues
For your future assignment as part of your course work, your professor or teacher will urge you to hunt for engaging social issues essay topics or problem-solution essay topics. These assignments allow teenagers and young people to voice their ideas on the current hottest issues. You shouldn’t miss this opportunity to express your opinions in a place where you won’t be judged, like your classroom.
Follow these procedures to write a flawless essay:
• Select Good Social Essay Topics
Selecting a pertinent social concern in the current year will be beneficial. It ought to spark some debate and maintain your audience’s interest. Ensure you can easily research it to gather sufficient data and facts to support your claims. Check with your teacher or professor to ensure that your topic is appropriate for the current year and that it may be discussed at school or college.
Try looking for hot hashtags on social media or reading the headlines in the daily newspapers to find a topic that interests you. Additionally, pay attention to world news. This is a valuable approach to learning about global events and how they influence Americans.
Income disparity (poor), corruption, the spread of authoritarianism (undermining democratic norms), crime, unsustainable development, and school bullying are pertinent worldwide social issues.
• Research Enough
You should always look for credible sources supported by academic research that you may quote in your essay. Without adequate logical backing from other sources, you won’t be able to list your opinion.
Some students merely use the media as examples for their assignments. This is dangerous since politics influence the media sector and can be biased. To identify pertinent examples, it is advised to rely on sources that academics have endorsed.
• Provide Examples to Back Up Your Opinion
Check out for pertinent examples. Since you are talking about a contemporary social issue, finding instances that apply is frequently no trouble. To illustrate and support your position, provide examples. They may make your argument more relatable and understandable.
Some students, however, only use instances from the media in their writings. This is dangerous because the media can be prejudiced and is frequently affected by politics. You should primarily rely on sources that have received academic approval for your examples.
• Keep it Simple
In your essay, you can discuss a contemporary societal issue or situation from your point of view. For this reason, you must ensure that you have chosen the appropriate words to convey your viewpoint. Explain what you mean in straightforward, pertinent language to avoid misleading your readers.
• Revise and Edit
You must ensure that your assignment is perfect and error-free before submitting it. By running a spellcheck and grammar checker, check your work for spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors. Writing mistakes could confuse your viewers and change the meaning of your paper.
What Are the Current Social Issues Essay Topic to Revolve Around?
The list of societal issues that will be important today has changed due to the worldwide pandemic, natural disasters occurring all over the world, the transition to secure energy sources, and the COVID-19 challenges. The following list of the top 12 social concerns with appropriate essay topics includes the following:
The COVID-19 worldwide pandemic
Without question, the global pandemic limits and the social distance laws have impacted practically every aspect of modern life. Even though life appears to be returning to normal in many nations, logistics and international trade are still hazy subjects. Consider writing about how the COVID-19 dilemma has affected a specific business or an entire industry as an example of a social topic dealing with this issue.
The social movement Black Lives Matter
Finding anything that has distinguished the past two years regarding social significance is difficult. The global Black Lives Matter (BLM) movement has gained popularity because racial bias is still an issue today. You might contrast the BLM movement with the student demonstrations of the 1970s or the demonstration at the Montgomery Bus Station as potential themes.
The use of green energy
The global conferences are focused on discovering safe ways to convert all available energy to safe techniques, although this societal issue is primarily tied to environmental issues. If you are majoring in Electrical Engineering, consider writing about the most recent developments in the solar energy industry and discussing wind turbines. You might also think about writing about children’s education and the value of teaching them about the environment at the same time.
The presence of American military personnel in Afghanistan
This is a contentious social issue in the country, given President Biden’s announcement that the military will withdraw from Afghanistan in 2021. This societal issue is significant since it affects national security and politics.
The problems with distance learning
The difficulties of contemporary learning are clear as we complete yet another year of distance learning using Zoom and Skype tools for video conferences.
The environmental situation in the Arctic Pole
The social concern surfaced in 2022 when explorers and scientists from all research disciplines began to share new information is the Arctic Pole Ice Shield. Any college subject can be used to examine this societal issue through the lenses of politics, economics, marketing, or even logistics, all of which are prevalent in this industry.
Pandemics worldwide and vaccination
Even though vaccination is one of the social concerns that is most frequently addressed today, due to the political games being played, it does not appear on the lists of urgent issues. You may, for instance, write on the unequal distribution of vaccines to various nations and how politics skews this delicate issue.
Restrictions on travel
Most people consider vacationing in summer, but since Covid 19, things have changed drastically. Even if you don’t travel for fun, you might consider going on business trips. Today, traveling is very minimal and much controlled. You might want to write about updated safety guidelines and how COVID-19 has changed travel customs and laws.
A peak in global unemployment
Numerous figures indicate that the U.S. unemployment rate peaked in July 2023 at 3.7%. Around the world, it’s similar to other developed nations. You might examine the causes of this predicament in your essay and the availability of independent contractors and those who work from home as an alternative.
Diversification of the supply chain in society after COVID-19
Supply chain distribution is undoubtedly the industry that has been most impacted. Diversification has become a problem since those with financial or medical problems don’t get the support they need. You can decide to write about a problem in your neighborhood or the circumstances that led to a particular predicament.
A Growing polarization of politics
Be mindful to maintain decency when writing about politics. Whatever your affiliation and opinions, it is difficult to overlook the growing political polarization, which, in 2022, will be another social problem. Writers might want to think about covering topics like Russia’s foreign policy, vaccine distribution in India, or current political developments in the U.S.
Healthcare Inequity in Contemporary Society
Unfortunately, when vaccine recipients gained greater social rights during the pandemic, this societal issue grew even more apparent. However, not everyone in the world can receive a vaccination. In addition, one should think about writing about conditions and medical professionals that are not directly related to respiratory ailments. Think of it as one of your beginning places when writing about social concerns about healthcare bias.
You might also consider the issue of changing employee perks or the fact that workers are either paid differently for their services or are fired without cause. You might also consider the media industry and the difficulties faced by musicians and actors who today lack the audience to display their art. Pick an idea that inspires you and explain why it’s significant.
How Do You Divulge Social Issues Essay Topics?
Certainly, thorough study may be necessary when writing on societal issues. You might also need to demonstrate tact and empathy when writing these kinds of essays. So, let’s look at a few factors that could aid you in creating exciting essays about social concerns.
Name the rules that your instructor has supplied in more detail. Make sure to cite several sources to support your thesis because research papers require a thorough investigation. The importance of arguments might be attributed to the essay’s requirement for your opinions.
Additionally, pick topics that are either historical or contemporary. Make sure to pick subjects that might pique people’s interest in you.
Then, gather information by consulting encyclopedias or books on the subjects, develop ideas, and write your first draft.
Decide how much knowledge the audience has about your subject simultaneously. Because social issues are delicate subjects, be mindful of your attitude and tone.
Even though you have strong opinions about the matter, be objective in your essay. Perhaps emphasizing your points of view is beneficial, but remember that you shouldn’t dictate to others what they should think.
Finally, proofread your writing to ensure a logical flow and to catch any grammatical errors. You could update your task the following day after leaving it unattended for a day.
List of Social Issues for Essay Writing
Finding pertinent themes or captivating presentation topics for academic tasks can be difficult. To produce an essay of the highest caliber, you must be certain that your chosen topic is suitable. You must produce perfect, superbly written essays to receive a degree from a prestigious American college or university. Here is a thorough collection of social issues you can look for inspiration for your upcoming academic project.
Current Social Issues Essay Topics to Consider
Several social issues will still be relevant in the coming years:
- The Covid-19 Pandemic
- The use of green energy
- Describe the societal movement known as “Black Lives Matter.”
- The difficulties of distance learning
- Describe the significance of U.S. military personnel in Afghanistan
- The Covid-19 epidemic and travel restrictions.
- Immunization and the Worldwide epidemic
- Examine the Arctic Pole’s environmental state
- The diversification of the supply chain in the post-Covid-19 society.
- How is political polarization growing?
- The bias in healthcare in contemporary culture
- What do you think about the peak in global unemployment?
- The causes of the conflict between Russia and Ukraine
- Go over the significant social challenges affecting the world today
- How did the world’s population problem start?
- How stereotypes and prejudice affect social well-being
- The effects of domestic violence on society
- Climate Change’s Impact on India’s Economy
- Who is to blame for young people using drugs?
- Dependence on technology.
- Empowering women
Environmental Social Issues Topics
It’s not about just preserving the environment. An unhealthy environment has negative repercussions on people today and in the future. Millions of individuals are impacted by the frequently changing weather and natural calamities. Many people must leave their houses. These are social issues essay topics that you may discuss on activism or environmental sustainability.
- Is the Extinction Rebellion’s method of protest excessively radical?
- Travel safety tips in the era of climate change
- How can we guarantee that everyone has access to clean water?
- The effects of bottled water on the environment
- Techniques for conserving water in sub-Saharan Africa
- The impact of tourism on places of cultural heritage.
- To slow down climate change, how will society need to alter in the future?
- What led to the recent rise in climate activism?
- Innovation against tradition: encouraging conventional farmers to adopt cutting-edge sustainable technology
- Explain why waste minimization is vital for our ecosystems.
- How can we responsibly utilize our natural resources?
- Describe the characteristics of a sustainable diet
- Marketing, food safety, and environmental considerations of packaging.
- Why do many reject the existence of man-made climate change?
- Why do sociologists need to examine the environment?
- What led us to become dependent on single-use plastic products?
- Examine the role of green infrastructure in water management
- Discuss the impact of Greenpeace on political decision-making.
- What, in your opinion, is the best environmental charity to support?
- How effective is PETA at assisting animals?
- Should volunteerism replace mandatory military service?
- Urban gardening is a way to guarantee food security
- The impact of autonomous electric vehicles on urban areas, item
- Compare several sustainable future cities depicted in the literature
More Topics on the Environment
- What effects does global warming have on South American indigenous peoples?
- What impacts can deteriorated environmental circumstances have on working conditions?
- Describe the work of Oxfam
- What are the effects of globalization on sustainable agriculture?
- What have modern environmental campaigners accomplished that is particularly noteworthy?
- What prevents politicians from acting to combat climate change?
- Examine what transpired to the inhabitants of Isle de Jean Charles
- Investigate the catastrophes that force individuals to flee their homes
- What unintended implications might relocation projects related to climate change have?
- Examine the relationship between religion and nature
- Ecology and economics: methods for striking a balance
- Communities and health: how environmental management affects disease transmission.
- Look into ways to consume responsibly
- What are the benefits of sustainable development for societies?
- Compare the approaches taken by various environmentalist movements
- The causes and consequences of global overpopulation
- Why is persuading older generations to take action against climate change challenging?
- What are the finest actions that everyone can take to safeguard the environment?
- Zoos’ contribution to the plight of endangered species
- How do alterations in weather patterns affect our homes?
- What factors contributed to the rise in natural disasters during the past ten years?
Social Issues on Social Media
These are some social issues essay topics you can choose from:
- Different types of inmate rights abuses
- Can immunizations be required?
- What poses a threat to population growth?
- Obesity as a result of online schooling
- The financial impact of sea level rise
- How the gender pay gap affects the economy
- Strategies for preventing racism in schools.
- Can more employment aid in the eradication of poverty?
- Social advancement and the empowerment of women
- Can mobile clinics increase access to healthcare?
- How social media platforms can handle hate speech
- Is removing censorship of offensive content?
- Examine the link between mental diseases and social media.
- Does Instagram alter the way we view our lives?
- Is social networking a requirement of modern society?
- What is identity theft, exactly?
- Individual isolation and communication technology
- The dangers of in-game microtransactions
- How does your online presence affect your offline activities?
- What causes some people to depend too much on social media?
- Do internet platforms encourage stalking?
- Talk about the digital gap in Washington
- Is Twitter’s cancel culture more detrimental than beneficial?
- What are the advantages of social media for disadvantaged groups?
- How crucial is data security?
- Do people on social media behave more violently than they do in person?
- Does using the internet make us less focused?
- Aspects of social media that affect how you engage with others
- How do influencers on social media and in marketing affect your purchasing decisions?
- Examine how the internet affects students’ life
More Social Media Topics
- Does Reddit have a right to permit offensive information following the free speech principle?
- The effects of Donald Trump’s tweets on politics and Twitter
- Does preventing access to online networks at work boost output?
- What fundamental moral standards are violated online?
- To what extent do social media trends represent the people at large?
- Does social media make puberty harder for young people?
- The impact of online platforms on democracy, item number
- What would happen if we could rate people online? (Consider Community’s “App Development and Condiments” episode)
- Does Instagram promote a healthy way of life?
- Why are likes so crucial?
- Discuss the results of speaking up in online communities, item number
- Is the Facebook profile photo frames a useful tool for expressing support?
- Discuss social media rules and conduct
- Does YouTube promote misinformation?
- Have you ever taken action after reading about it online?
- Are Twitter hashtags distorting the political conversation?
- Investigate the gendered online experiences of users
- How do you get your message through on social media?
- Examine the value of Facebook’s Safety Check function
- Examine the benefits and drawbacks of TikTok’s challenges
- How might taking part in Instagram challenges for social justice be beneficial?
- Social media security issues
- Should Instagram have an age limit?
- The effect of social networks on friendships.
- Drawbacks of having influence
- Does free speech exist on social media?
- Should fake news be banned on social media?
- How bad is a dependence on social media?
- Should bosses examine their employees’ bank accounts?
- Facebook accounts for businesses and online ethics
- The impact of the cancel culture on mental health, item number
- Cyberbullying: victim and abuser in an online setting, paragraph
- Should young people be permitted to open social media accounts?
- Your thoughts on memorial pages for the departed on social media
- Tips for using the internet safely
General Social Issues Topics
These social issues essay topics are general and can apply to most readers:
- The history of immigration to Australia
- How war affects terrorism in society
- Pornography and young people
- Cyberbullying, which involves an abuser and victim in a virtual setting
- Talk about the effects of identity theft
- Internet and its safety: Talk about some control techniques
- The value of data security
- TikTok challenges: benefits and drawbacks
- Hate Speech: How is it handled on social media sites?
- Permission for kids to access social media profiles
Health-related Social Issues Topics
Social security is significantly responsible for our health. We are less likely to contract preventable diseases if we have access to quality healthcare services. Unfortunately, problems are frequent in the healthcare industry. You can investigate social issues essay topics associated with health by using these intriguing essay writing topics:
- Do employers give enough thought to the mental health of their staff members?
- What should a person do if they cannot pay for medical care?
- Why do certain nations have higher rates of obesity than others?
- Should abortion be permitted or prohibited?
- Discuss whether a ban on tobacco advertising would contribute to a reduction in smoking.
- What causes Americans to use drugs?
- Compare programs that assist people in overcoming addictions.
- What is the chemical to which addiction is most dangerous?
- Who should look after older adults?
- Should hospice care be free?
- Consider why HIV in seniors is still vastly underreported
- Should the legal drinking age be raised?
- Whose health is most significantly impacted by pollution?
- Should parents forego giving their kids vaccines?
- What does it mean to pass away gracefully?
- Should women at work be granted additional vacation days because of their periods?
- Examine the pro-life movement’s beginnings
- Should non-smokers be granted an extended break?
- Strategies for facilitating navigation for those with visual impairments
- Talk about discrimination against people with mental disabilities
More Health Topics
- The advantages of over-the-counter birth control.
- Should breastfeeding mothers cover up in public?
- Psychoactive medications treat mental illnesses
- How does stigmatizing people with disabilities affect their social status?
- Does a person’s gender have an impact on their health?
- What health problems are African Americans and Hispanics facing today?
- Expectations and motherhood: being a childless woman in a society that values children
- What long-term effects does malnutrition have on a child’s mental health?
- Examine Pakistan’s suicide rates
- Talk about how well-accepted autism spectrum diseases are in society
- Sociology and mental illnesses: the connection between environment and mental health
- Discuss the effects of fad diets
- How are older people maltreated in your society?
- Why is there a disparity in access to high-quality healthcare?
- Who should decide to terminate life-extending treatments?
- Is it appropriate to treat children using homeopathy?
- Explain the stigma associated with seeking counseling
- What social factors influence a person’s health?
- Why is healthcare so hard to come by in rural areas?
- Is the promotion of self-care and mindfulness on social media bettering our health?
Basic Social Issues Topics
These are basic social issues essay topics you can consider writing on:
- Explain the digital divide in Washington
- The advantages of social media for underrepresented populations
- Communication isolation brought on by technology
- How online platforms affect democracy
- Fundamental ethical standards and how they are violated online
- Instagram’s impact on leading a healthy lifestyle
- Does the use of social media by young people make puberty more challenging?
- Discuss the results of Donald Trump’s tweets about politics on Twitter
- Distinguish the distinctions between prejudice, discrimination, and stereotyping
- Refugee crisis as a result of the conflict between Russia and Ukraine in the United Kingdom
- Racial discrimination in the U.S.
- The use of firearms in American society
- The movement “Black Lives Matter.”
- Child labor
- High-level corruption
- The Evolution of the Caste System
- The Function of Bureaucracy
- Crime against women
- Drug Dependence
Good Quality Social Issues Essay Topics
- Does using the internet make you less attentive?
- What is the argument over social media regulations and codes of conduct?
- Examine the advantages of Facebook’s safety check function
- How to voice your opinions on social media
- How Twitter hashtags affect the political discussion
- The value of social media
- Twitter’s cancel culture has more drawbacks than benefits
- Examine Reddit’s rights while considering the free speech concept and offensive content
- How the workplace’s productivity is affected by the restriction on online platforms
- School kids and social media accounts
- The danger of microtransactions in online gaming
- Content censorship and the deletion of offensive material
- People’s reliance on social media
- How the internet affects students’ life
- How does YouTube propagate misinformation?
- Examine the advantages of Facebook’s safety check feature
- Hunger and food insecurity
- Mexico’s crime rate and drug misuse
- Crowdfunding through social networking sites
- Social media’s effects on adolescents
- safety and mental health care
- Challenges with social media today
Few Scoring Social Issues Topics
- What’s your opinion on speaking up in online communities?
- The global refugee population
- The prevalence of suicide cases and the porn industry
- Labor Laws: How just are these?
- Bullying in schools and its causes
- How cybercrime affects a person’s life
- Talk about the impact teen pregnancies have on young girls.
- How is prostitution tolerated in different nations?
- Racism and how it affects society
- The effects of domestic abuse on kids
Social Issues Topics that can earn you A Grade
These are social issues essay topics that can earn you a good grade on an assignment:
- Discuss the five misconceptions about LGBT persons
- Health conditions and their effects
- Discrimination in sport
- The effect of hate speech on the employment landscape
- Cultural heritage and the safeguarding of it
- Illiteracy and the issues it brings about
- Rape society and culture
- Concerns over U.S. overconsumption
- What are your thoughts on same-sex relationships
- Common physical and psychological conditions affecting the LGBTQIA community
- Talk about the National Association of Social Workers’ mission and activities (NASW)
- Immigration presents difficulties for industrialized nations
- Problem with bad housing on a global scale
- Discrimination based on race and civil rights
Interesting Social Issues Topics
These are interesting social issues essay topics you can write about:
- Gang activity and violence in Miami
- The labor economy and body shaming
- The new racism and ageism
- Arabs and others from the Middle East: How do they handle discrimination?
- How is poverty managed in a society?
- The pressure put on the porn industry
- Evolution of eating utensils
- Polygamy in American society
- Customs surrounding giving gifts all over the world
- Language evolution
- Odd burial practices
- Mandated relocation
- The role of women in war
- The value of the media during a war
- Ethnic purging
- Reverse prejudice
- Media coverage of white privilege
- Segregation in the U.S.
- Talk about the results of racial profiling
- Sexual and workplace discrimination
- Discrimination against gay individuals
- The cultural heritage of Asia
- Wartime and air looting
- Illiteracy and related problems
- Go over the consequences of financial illiteracy.
- A critique of the idea of the “Right to die.”
- A study of food culture
- How to handle bullying on social media?
- Avoiding child maltreatment
- Children and aggressive behavior
- How business is affecting consumer habits
- History of sustainable development in the U.S.
- Water usage in Africa
- The benefits of customers across different sectors
- The use of alcohol
- A culture of consumption
Incredible Social Issues Essay Topics
- U.S. market and consumer benefits
- The ownership of stolen antiques
- Historical account of the American Genocide
- Jordan is home to Palestinian refugees.
- The demise of Roman culture
- Current and historical body alteration
- Disposing of stolen items
- Stealing of Cultural Heritage – Give historical examples
- War, peace, and the conservation of cultural heritage
- Celebrating the culture of rape
- Violence in movies
- How can one get over an addiction? Compare the initiatives
- What should a person do if medical care is out of their price range?
- Discuss the topic of elderly care
- Poverty and illiteracy
- Illiteracy among African women
- The stories of abuse in the world of sports
- Children’s fast food consumption
- A US initiative to restrict guns
- How emotional illiteracy affects family life
- Strategies for overcoming adult literacy
- Addressing the issue of illiteracy and the function of social media
- War crimes committed in several nations
- The Irish Diaspora had a profound impact on American culture
- How to handle leaked private pornographic videos?
- How are porn stars affected by social stigma?
- Talk about former porn stars who now work in other fields
- The racial upbringing of skinheads
- How should Miranda’s caution be changed?
- The caution Miranda gave and the necessity to update it
- A form of discrimination is ableism
- The violation of contemporary labor rights
- Police misconduct and its advantages
Captivating Social Issues Topics
These are some stunning social issues essay topics you can write about
- Why do few men mistreat women?
- Complete equality and what it means for the future
- Abuse of autistic children in educational settings
- No sex education is taught in schools
- Is vaccination required by law or not?
- The effect of advertising on our purchasing behaviors
- Talk about how teens’ ethical values are impacted by their social environment
- The impact of medicines on conduct in people
- Social media vs. the Internet: What do you think?
- Child labor is a significant problem in the nation
- How did you come to terms with your pornography addiction?
- Penalties for prisoners who have completed their sentences
- Construction of a wall separating the U.S. from Mexico
- How can immigrants be assimilated into American culture?
- Illegal immigrants from Egypt to Italy
- The social effects of the war economy
- The function of European museums in the homes of ancient relics
Choose compelling social topics to write about if you want to produce an excellent essay. Additionally, picking compelling social issues essay topics will guarantee you high grades. This can be quite challenging for most students. Do you need help writing an essay on social issues? Professional essay writers invite you to an opportunity to get your essay prepared. Contact us for an estimate. Visit our blog for more essay topics and ideas to equip you with writing skills.