A guide to interesting speech topics includes seven methods for locating, enhancing, and focusing on certain suitable topics during speechwriting. Most students find developing a topic challenging. Our essay writers have explained how to pick the best speech topic and included 380 interesting speech topics for college students. They also help students craft an engaging speech for any audience.
What Makes a Good Speech?
In contrast to reading books, the longevity of a speech depends on a variety of characteristics, including strong oratory skills, inventive speech scripting, the capacity to convey concerns effectively, and the capacity to deconstruct a good topic. Numerous notable individuals, including Martin Luther King, Barack Obama, Julius Malema, and Nelson Mandela, have exemplified these traits.
How to Choose Interesting Speech Topics for College Students
1 – Look for events in periodicals, journals, and newspapers
It makes no difference if the information is current or historical; what matters are recent interesting trends that grab people’s attention. Articles on topics that interest you and those you feel at ease discussing are solid indicators.
2 – Make a list of any potential ideas you have for interesting speech topics
When hired for a public speaking engagement, I always create a brief list of potential topics. Skip the ones that are too hard and tough to prepare for in 8 to 10 minutes
3 – Look up some online books to get additional in-depth information about your topic
Alternatively, visit a library and look up books and scholarly articles on your topic. Every librarian will give ideas and suggestions to help you determine an interesting topic. For instance, you might decide on a topic related to farming and the countryside or an enticing leisure activity. Try to comprehend the author’s treatment of it. How is it structured? Which facts, evidence, or arguments are the most persuasive? What instances and examples have they used?
4 – Discoveries and peerless trustworthy statistics can aid in writing and editing
Check for debates, unusual viewpoints, and oddities. How do you feel about it? What do you hope they will make of it?
5. Consider discussing interesting interpretive hints that are related
Try to add new ideas, consider things from different perspectives, or flip your assumptions as you review your rough list. Look at the unique features that shock the listeners.
6 – Look for statements that are both in favor of and opposed to the argument
Where you wish to draw attention to or underline a seemingly impossible point in your intriguing topic concept, include graphic aids.
Watch debate programs, historical documentaries, and news programs, for example, the morning and evening news. They are useful for creating a basic list of wheedling brainstorms.
3 Components that Make Speeches Intriguing
For a speech to be interesting, it has to meet these three crucial criteria.
- Your genuine passion for the topic (You’re interested in it, and you have a passion for it. That’s why you want to learn more about it.)
- How appealing or pertinent the subject is to your audience
- Your twist, attitude, or perspective on the subject
Your speech is considerably more likely to be engaging for you and everyone listening if the topic you chose checks all three marks.
Speech Topics for College Students
If you don’t have time to read all our interesting speech topics, here is a summary of our top 10 best interesting speech topics for college students.
- One’s perception of beauty is not the sole factor
- Children need to play more
- It’s vital to test animals
- Girls are too cruel to one another
- Men need paternity leave
- Tattoos are an addiction.
- If I had a year to do anything I wanted
- Butterflies are dangerous insects
- A minute-by-minute guide to destroying a date
- Dream Interpretation
Persuasive Interesting Speech Topics
Here is our selection of the best, most engaging subjects for interesting speech topics for college students:
- Beauty is not a matter of perception
- Hyperactive children do not require medicine
- Books are always preferable to films
- Pickup lines are effective
- Broadcast every court case
- Suspend referees who are discovered to be overly biased
- Monarchies have lost their place in society
- It is untrue that everyone is subject to the law
- YouTube should keep an eye on comments
- Online acquaintances are more compassionate
- Couples from different cultures value one another more
- Graffiti needs to be acknowledged as art
- You can lose weight even if you don’t exercise
- Kids don’t play nearly enough
- Homes shouldn’t have carpets since they are dangerous
- Sexual education is ineffective
- Make smoking illegal everywhere in public
- Both men and women cheat
- Make it illegal to destroy rainforests
- A myth exists regarding global warming
- Justice is never applied equally to everyone
- School violence is not a result of video games
- Employee loyalty can only be maintained by financial incentives
- There are shades of gray in the world.
- Give birth control to girls over 16 without their parent’s permission
- Menus at restaurants ought to list calories
- A sugar tax won’t make people less obese
- Pregnancies brought on by rape should be aborted
- Every couple must cohabitate before getting hitched
- Animal testing is required
More Persuasive Speech Topics
- Kids’ beauty pageants are incorrect
- Public areas do not have adequate cameras
- The laws governing free expression need to be revised
- Parents picking up kids after school should undergo random DUI testing
- Atheists are less violent than believers
- Homosexual males and females might simply be pals
- Adoptive parents should also receive maternity leave
- Print advertisements are ineffective
- Poor headlines are the reason for fewer followers
- Don’t offer kids allowances
- Quit updating your status on social media
- If couples didn’t have kids, more divorces would occur
- Pay organ donors compensation
- Celebrities do not serve as examples
- Examine welfare beneficiaries for drug use
- Research on stem cells is murder
- The age of majority for adults is 21
- Conflict is sparked by religion
- A century ago, life was not any simpler
- Men are more adept at forgiving
- Making substances illegal increases the need for them
- Parenting education courses must be required
- Parents who hover over their kids harm them
- Give working mothers preferential treatment
- Fame on social media is a fraud
- Make it illegal for the paparazzi to take pictures of minors
- Food should never be viewed as a reward
- An adult needs at least 58 hours of sleep per night
- Meat consumption is not necessary for survival
- Curfews do not keep young people out of trouble
- The influence of electronic textbooks is not the same as paper textbooks.
- This generation can fix nothing
- Trouble always results from boredom
- Girls are excessively harsh with one another
- It’s wrong to use affirmative action
Best Interesting Speech Topics for College Students
These are among the best topics you can deliver a speech in college about:
- Low test results are the result of the educational system
- Men ought to be granted paternity leave
- There should be more caution on fast food packaging
- It is wrong to kill a murderer
- Celebrities should avoid politics
- Long-distance partnerships can succeed
- Men are the more powerful sex.
- Jobs shouldn’t be gender-specific
- Religion won’t disappear
- Women shouldn’t become pregnant after 40
- Abortion is a homicide
- Tattoos are an addiction
- Drug dependence is a decision
- Social media will reach its peak and disappear
- C-sections are less dangerous than natural deliveries
- There is a link between science and religion
- Never reward students for high marks
- Open-marriage couples are unhappy
- There is a soul
- Pay should be commensurate with performance
- English will always be the international business language
- Why you should constantly prioritize your needs
- Earth has not been sufficiently explored
- Women are smarter than men
- There are alternatives to evolution
- Prisons produce criminals
- There are sick building syndromes
- Ethics and strategic defense are incompatible
- A secret agenda is the foundation of the War on Terror
- Pension money is at risk from aging
- Security measures on airplanes won’t deter terrorists
- Alcohol advertisement encourages the use of alcohol by minors
- All people are spiritual in some way
- In several cultures, the arts convey a degree of quality
- Atheists are interested in Christmas
- Tattooing by Australian Aboriginals is creative
- Congress should eliminate the filibuster
- Serious consequences can result from body piercings
More Best Topics
- Books are out of date.
- Censorship is an infringement on the right to free speech
- Charities must keep administrative and overhead expenses to a minimum
- Child witnesses in cases of abuse are not reliable
- If corporal punishment is proportionate, it may be acceptable
- Being creative does not equate to being expressive
- Electronic baby timeshare does contribute to the reduction of teen pregnancy
- There should only be two languages spoken on Earth: English and Spanish
- It is impossible to bring democracy to Iraq
- Fashion experts support slim girls for valid reasons
- When performed by professionals in aesthetic surgery, female genital mutilation is not unethical
- Feminism will contribute to advancing women’s status in Africa
- Fill in the name of the nation that ought to be denounced for violating human rights
- Future generations must work until they are no longer able to
- George Orwell got it exactly right when he penned “1984”… Big Brother is constantly watching us
- Governments shouldn’t own media companies that broadcast news
- Providing amnesty encourages continued immigration and renders border enforcement ineffective
- Older people seem to favor Harry Potter books more
- Hollywood films are a terrible impact on the world, according to numbers
- Compared to urban and suburban areas, the number of homeless people in rural areas is significantly undercounted
- Showing guests a good time can help you build stronger ties with other countries
- Natural disaster-affected homes shouldn’t be rebuilt
- Indigenous traditions are threatened by global satellite news broadcasting
- Being both pro-life and pro-choice is feasible
- The idea that bottled water is superior to tap water is untrue
- Journalists no longer adhere to the journalism codes
- Limiting immigration reduces the possibilities
27 Best Interesting Speech Topics for College Students
- Local aid is more effective than national aid in assisting African communities
- People with mental disabilities cannot be put to death
- Motivation courses aim to fill the instructor’s bank account.
- MP3 music should be free to the public and educational institutions
- News shows should focus more on being entertaining than important
- Microsoft is inferior to open-source software
- Parental advisory labels limit artists’ ability to express themselves freely
- People can choose their life and death
- Political correctness undermines the right to free speech
- In this century, poverty can be reduced by half
- According to numbers, Princess Diana’s demise wasn’t a terrible mishap
- Public insults should be hate speech, and the First Amendment shouldn’t protect them
- Right-to-work legislation is pointless
- Robin Hood was not a hero; the number
- Sex and sexuality originate from distinct hemispheres
- Making up lies is an acceptable tool
- There are no elections at all during Cuba’s local council elections
- There are limits to the right to privacy
- In developing nations, property rights are not adequately protected
- Quotas for cultural content in broadcasting ought to exist
- Billboards for booze and tobacco are everywhere on the streets
- The United Nations will never fully exist in Europe
- vegetarians would not eat vegetables if born in a rural African area
- A king should rule over us rather than a president
- Weblogs must be legally protected because they constitute intellectual property
- We shall all labor till we are old and gray, given the state of the economy
- Zero tolerance is a practical tool to avoid violence
- Connect the reduction of carbon emissions to debt relief for developing nations
Informative, Interesting Speech Topics
Here is our selection of the most fascinating and interesting speech topic for college students.
- A comparison of the various countries’ official definitions of terrorism.
- A week in a monastery.
- Abu Sayyaf’s connections to international terrorist groups.
- Late nineteenth-century architectural trends.
- Africa’s armed conflicts, number.
- Possibilities for artificial intelligence.
- An explanation of biochemical weapons.
- Human rights versus bioethics.
- The fight against modern slavery.
- Dispelling myths about weight loss.
- The UN’s global development objectives.
- All of the objects in our solar system.
- There are five different ways to give to charity.
- Public diplomacy techniques.
- An explanation of fraud detection systems.
- The building process for massive marine aquariums.
- The origins of nepotism in the Middle Ages.
- The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences organizational structure.
- The start of the American Civil War.
- The procedure for applying for immigration and naturalization.
- The ability of the CIA to locate terrorists.
- How to use Feng Shui in your bedroom.
- How to criminalize reactionary conservative organizations and people.
- Is human cloning a possibility?
- Significant events and their results in the first ten years of this millennium.
- A peace plan for the Middle East.
- Migration patterns.
- Incidents involving offshore installations over time.
- Racism and cultural diversity in the media.
- Refugees and forcible relocation.
More Informative Topics
- Long-term impact on funding for international aid.
- Scientific interpretations of the Bermuda Triangle’s riddles.
- An explanation of state-sponsored oppression.
- The report from the 9/11 Commission and its key findings.
- The most cutting-edge developments in consumer electronics.
- The network of freight services and cargo at international airports.
- The distinction between soft and hard drugs.
- The impact of anti-terrorism legislation on common people, item.
- An explanation of the European Convention on Human Rights.
- Air Force One, a flying fortress.
- The four overarching objectives of the Department of Homeland Security.
- The roles of Samurai soldiers in Ancient Japan.
- The future of fashion.
- The Geneva Convention on the handling of prisoners of war.
- The legal code that was in place during the Middle Ages.
- The background of Amtrak.
- Dodge vehicles’ innovative and distinctive appearance.
- Sunburn’s long-term side effects.
- Nihilism, a school of philosophy.
- The benefits and drawbacks of pacifism
- The connections between the trade balance, national debt, and the government budget deficit.
- Emperor Akihito’s position in Japan.
- Crop circles’ hidden meanings are exposed.
- A brief biography of Buzz Aldrin, the second person to set foot on the moon.
- The battle over software patents.
- The price of the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq
- A two-party system that contrasted different party structures.
- What is acne, and what causes it?
- Why NASA’s shuttle program was terminated.
- Why did the Romans construct massive aqueducts in France?
- Venezuela and the problem of constitutional authority
- A certification program for diamond prospecting won’t stop the trafficking of conflict diamonds.
- Handwriting analysis and the personality traits it displays.
- Hindu cinema includes works outside of Bollywood.
34 Extra Interesting Speech Topics
- The frequency of disasters around the holidays.
- How sleepwalkers behave in the most peculiar ways while asleep.
- Variations in generational lifestyles.
- The value of sleep
- The significance of dreams
- What makes me happy?
- My ideal trip to Asia
- What would sharing a home with a celebrity would be like?
- If I were the queen, I’d do
- How to sabotage a date in the first minute.
- The advantages of vegetarianism
- The disparate treatment of girls around the world
- Bangladesh’s Mainamati Historical Period
- Butterflies are dangerous animals
- Oreos with a broccoli taste
- The value of public speaking.
- A world without borders.
- Stars and shooting stars
- My first day at school
- Conspiracy theories
- The benefits and drawbacks of death
- When was my birthday?
- The significance of languages
- If I had a year to do anything I wanted
- Effective study techniques
- If I moved counterclockwise
- The strength of a falsehood
- The impact of words
- If I were invisible
- The reason I smile
- Why do we have toes?
- Fear of the unknown
- Fashion trends I detest
- Why I want to be a lawyer (or whatever career you choose)
Interesting Speech Topics on Social Media
These are interesting speech topics for college students on social media:
- Social media destroy face-to-face communication abilities.
- Texting is essential for surviving in society.
- A buddy made online can be as genuine as one made offline.
- Social media destroy relationships in real life.
- How did people create and manage networks before the advent of social media?
- What is social media’s true worth? Three ideas.
- Preventing online bullying.
- Guidelines for making internet buddies.
- Spelling is obsolete. Txt talk is still alive!
- What will be the next significant advancement in social media?
- Guidelines for responsible social media use.
- Feeling anxious about publicly “liking” or “disliking” someone else’s posts.
- What news is true, and what is false? How did you find out?
- Three social media strategies that are great for fostering community.
- Addiction to social media exists.
- Racism is supported and encouraged through social media.
- Social media providers are not responsible for how users utilize them.
- Social media breaks down economic, cultural, and social barriers.
- On social media, how private is personal information?
- Social media and fake personalities.
- Social media does not do adequate fact-checking.
- Posting on social media without thinking is far too simple.
- The amount of content on social media is excessive. It overpowers.
- How do social media sites affect business?
- Possessing knowledge does not equate to being an expert.
- Helping someone right away is made simple by social media.
- Social media brings together people who share interests.
- Social media promotes the urge for rapid pleasure
- You shouldn’t participate in certain social media challenges.
- Social media services should have an upper age limit for users.
More Interesting Speech Topics on Social Media
- Social media is an unreliable source of news.
- There is no way to censor content on social media.
- In what ways do politicians utilize social media?
- What is an echo chamber on social media?
- How do social media platforms threaten democracy?
- Social media can be used for mass surveillance and already is.
- Time can be wasted on social media.
- People’s lives become unsatisfactory as a result of social media.
- What is and how does cancel culture function?
- Reasons why individuals spread inappropriate content.
- How emoticons are replacing words in communication.
- Employers’ usage of social media in recruiting and firing decisions.
- How social media stifles individual originality.
- The ability of social media can help one find their voice.
- Social media use helps with fine motor abilities.
- How peer-support programs use social media.
- Should social media corporations face the consequences?
- What are the effects of not using social media?
- Advice on how to influence others.
- Describe the primary variations among two or three social media networks.
College Interesting Speech Topics
There are numerous problems affecting students on their campuses, and here are some of the interesting speech topics for college students.
- The importance of improving student quality in schools
- Justifications for taking more trips while in college.
- Is the future of students secure in the current economic climate?
- Is a lack of ethics in the workplace an excuse for change?
- Students are intelligent. So why not restrict their use of it?
- Is he a bad student or a bad person? Regardless, he is a student.
- College life should be enjoyable for the students.
- Working and studying together is advantageous for students.
- Every kid should be required to have a mentor.
- Their learning environment impacts a student’s overall quality.
- Don’t rush into your future. Take your time.
- Social media’s impact on kids.
- It is a fallacy to think that college is where people will mature.
- Cars are not important on campus
- The library is the most amazing location on campus
Business-Related Interesting Speech Topics
- Many firms require suggestions on how to upscale and increase their level of accomplishment.
- How to handle challenging business clients
- The amazing success that followed some of the biggest disasters.
- Interesting advice from accomplished individuals.
- What is strategic planning, and how do you implement it?
- Handling rejection in the workplace.
- How to create a solid corporate culture to increase your company’s performance.
- How does improving your company’s reputation help it be more successful?
- How to communicate diagonally in a business efficiently to boost efficiency.
- The benefits of promoting local businesses and artists.
- How to assign work based on the personality of your staff.
- How to apply call-to-action tactics in your organization or sector.
- How to develop emotional awareness when delivering stories.
- The requirement for firm executives to accept accountability for their decisions and deeds
- Unquestionable traits of extraordinarily successful persons
- Workplace focus techniques.
- The best method for achieving work-life balance.
- Effective time management is crucial for personal development.
- Attention-Grabbing Interesting Speech Topics for College Students
- These are speech topics that will engage and provoke your audience’s thoughts.
- Kindness is the only effective response to cruelty.
- Flexible work schedules ease traffic congestion.
- Declining to participate in a conflict is not a sign of cowardice.
- You’ll live a happier life without television.
- Make museum admission free.
- Cultural assets ought to be returned to their original nation.
- An economy based on free markets is bad for Africa.
- Girls have a tougher time growing up than boys do.
- Voting ought to be required.
- Money cannot buy time.
- A useful tool for preventing violence is zero tolerance
Funny but Motivational Interesting Speech Topics
Sometimes the speaker may desire a humorous speech that will make the audience laugh their concerns away. Here are some interesting speech topics for college students that you could address if you have a sense of humor.
- Do boys blab more than girls?
- The benefits of having divorce insurance.
- Arguments against wearing slim jeans by males.
- You must be young and foolish before growing old and smart.
- Demand twice-yearly 6-month vacations!
- It’s a good habit to pursue unfulfilled aspirations.
- Ten entertaining things to do while taking a test.
- My most successful error.
- Things that, if my dog could talk, it would tell me.
- Where did curse words originate?
- Benefits of being a male or woman.
- How to quit your work in less than a day
- Do males cry more often than females?
- The top 5 stupidest inquiries and responses.
- If you’re stranded on an island, what to include in a message in a bottle?
Historical Interesting Speech Topics
These are some of the most interesting speech topics for college students to talk about in history:
- The pastimes and hobbies of your grandparents fifty years ago.
- What did Grandma/Grandpa do to make a living after their education?
- When my parents and grandparents were the same age as I am today, they engaged in XXX.
- Did boys and girls have different types of education fifty years ago? If so, what kind of things?
- Our community’s past, including who lived there and why it was built where it is.
- What jobs did men and women commonly hold in the past fifty years?
- The worst natural or man-made disaster in the area’s recorded history.
- Headlines from our community’s newspapers from over 50 years ago.
- How my family used to celebrate holidays and significant occasions (such as birthdays, marriages, Christmas, and Easter).
11 More Topics on History
- How have culinary fads and fashions changed over the years? Possibly a TV dinner? Consider a smoothie.
- Construct a typical desert from the 1950s as a demonstration speech.
- How have cooking techniques altered in the previous 25 years? Throughout the past century?
- Examine the pictures of the family. How has clothing evolved? For infants, females? for males
- Inquire about the typical domestic tasks that your grandparents performed. What does that mean concerning what you do?
- Were your grandparents given a stipend? If so, what did they do with it, how much did it cost, etc.?
- What differences do you see between your home and the one your grandparents lived in?
- What adornments did homes have fifty or more years ago?
- A brief history of my first and last names, including their origins, meanings, and alterations.
- A stroll through a normal school day in the 1950s, 1960s, and 1970s. Was it true that those were “the best days of our lives”?
- How have academic courses altered over the past 50 years?
More Interesting Speech Topics for College Students
- What school extracurricular and sports were popular fifty years ago or more?
- What’s in, what’s out in the fashion world. Examples from the past and the present.
- The history of place names in the area, including how they are given, why they endure, and when they change.
- What professions have been rendered obsolete by current technologies in your area?
- How have buying habits altered in the past three decades?
- Has the way people in your community feel about money and belongings changed over the past 50 years?
- How did your neighborhood handle the 1918 Spanish Flu Epidemic? What similarities does that have to the present Covid-19 Pandemic?
- What is the main cultural background of your neighborhood?
- What languages have contributed to the linguistic heritage of your region? How are they currently perceived and heard?
- What customs have been passed down to generations in your family or neighborhood?
- What charitable organizations existed in the area fifty years ago or more? How did they act? Did they help in any way?
- What religions were present in your neighborhood fifty years ago or more? Has this altered? How?
Interesting Speech Topics with an Outline
Do you need a subject for your speech on a compelling argument? Choose these interesting speech topics for college students with an outline.
Here are some of the best speech topics and two straightforward instructive topics you can adapt into a strong persuasive assertion.
1. Protection for whistleblowers is ineffective
- Laws that shield whistleblowers against retaliation, disciplinary action, and superior spin are ineffective.
- Large corporations have the financial resources to retain legal counsel for long; the law does not protect employees financially.
- Legislation frequently does not address the problem, the allegations, or issue.
2. Is fair trade fair?
- Markets and protectionism frequently outweigh fair trade appointments.
- Purchasing goods helps to support underprivileged producers and farmers in developing nations. Making them stronger isn’t assisting them in any way.
- It is anti-competitive and damages third-world economies.
3. Nuclear energy is risky
- An accident could result in numerous fatalities and billions of dollars in property damage.
- The necessary technology does not exist to treat radioactive waste.
- Health concerns for those who live close by and those who work at the factory could not be anticipated in advance, let alone over the long term.
- Nuclear plant safety measures are quite expensive.
4. Before starting a new job, make a checklist
- More intriguing employment and task opportunities result from a larger organization.
- It enables you to grow your current network of reliable contacts.
- Do you enjoy visiting other countries? Is the answer Yes or No?
- What about the likelihood that you will keep your job or the stability of your employment? What are the cryptic hints?
- Is there a potential that you can achieve your personal and professional goals?
- How much is the salary? Obtain all salary information before deciding how much you want to make.
- Do any additional requirements exist? Do you have any personal goals you’d like to achieve?
5. The benefits of nighttime work
- No phone tampering is allowed.
- No gridlock.
- Not having an alarm clock that’s waking me up in the morning…
- You may also consider the drawbacks. By approaching this topic from many angles, you increase your chances.
Get Help with Your Speech
These interesting speech topics for college students should assist you in creating an interesting speech or essay. Do you still need help drafting an interesting speech? Our essay writers will help you draft a winning speech to help you make an outstanding delivery. Contact us for an estimate, or visit our blog to learn how to write a speech.