The Georgia Institute of Technology is one of the most recognized research universities in the US. The institution boasts diverse career prospects in computer science, medicine, engineering, mathematics, business, and design. However, Georgia Tech has a highly selective and competitive admission process. Due to its STEM courses, writing Georgia Tech admission essays is a complex task. It’s normal for aspiring students to seek guidance from Ph.D. writers with experience writing technical admission essays. Here’s an expert perspective on writing compelling Georgia Tech admission essays that get you enrolled. Our experts also help you craft essays that give you an upper hand before the admissions board.
Georgia Tech Admission Essays Prompts
Why Do You Want to Study Your Preferred Major at Georgia Tech?
Georgia Tech has one primary prompt that incorporates “Why Major” and “Why Us?” Here are some action tips to keep in mind before you start writing Georgia Tech admission essays:
- Carefully read the “Why Major” guidelines and envision things you want to explore in each section.
- Reflect on your aspirations, the specific resources at Georgia to help you achieve them, and how they make you a perfect fit.
- Research and document at least ten reasons you think you belong to Georgia.
- Create an outline for the “Why Us? And “Why Major”
Describe Your Background and Interests
Talk about what drew you to your prospective major. Avoid being too general in your response. Instead, make your response unique to your life and experiences. For instance, you can write about your first encounter with the subject or describe a niche within your chosen subject that appeals most to you. Include specific details that informed your decision to choose the subject.
Here are some specifics you can include about yourself and the institution:
- Experience on Campus: Share a quick or focused story about something you heard or saw when you visited the institution. Alternatively, explore their website and write about what you learned about the institution. Your goal is to convince the admission committee of your prior investment in being part of the institution.
- School philosophy/mission statement: Research and discuss the Tech’s mission in your essay. The school’s mission statement is on its website under “Who We Are” or “Our Mission.”
- Guest speaker: Mention something specific you heard from a guest speaker that caught your attention. Demonstrate your interest in using what you learn in Tech to help others and contribute positively to the institution.
- Classes: Talk about the classes you wish to take at Georgia in the “Why Us” section. Give other non-class examples to make your essay stand out.
- Professors: Read through the school catalog or use their website to find out about a professor who teaches or is researching something about the major you wish to pursue and mention it in your essay.
Connect the Specifics to Your Major and Georgia
Besides highlighting how Georgia Tech is a great institution to pursue your major, the admission committee wants to see how you intend to contribute to its community. Refer to specific interests and things you’ve previously done that you want to explore further once you join the institution. Avoid negative remarks if you notice something, and instead, focus on more specific offerings, like unique classes and programs at Georgia Tech.
Here’s a strong example by a professional supplemental essay writer to inspire you.
“Georgia Tech offers abundant opportunities for me to pursue my passion. For instance, I intend to collaborate with fellow students from the Geotechnical Society to create a biodegradable takeout container, subsequently introducing our prototype at on-campus dining facilities like Colony Bistro. Additionally, I look forward to attending the Sustainability Banquet to gain insights from Atlanta’s sustainability leaders. I’m particularly drawn to their emphasis on grassroots and cross-cultural sustainability approach that I intend to incorporate in my civil engineering pursuits.”
Use a Geeky Lingo
During your research and out of passion for your chosen subject, you came across some geeky terms used in the field. Use them sparingly throughout your essay to showcase your genuine love and readiness to jump into academic research once you’re enrolled at Georgia Tech. It’s a clever way to convey your technical interests and a cultural fit in the institution.
Show Multiple Sides of Yourself
While it’s important to paint a vivid picture of how your interest aligns with the institution’s values, blend it with other hobbies or interests away from academics. For instance, you can mention your interest in volunteer projects, love for a particular sport, and what you love to explore when you’re not spending time in the lab.
Georgia Tech Admission Essays: Personalized Assistance
Writing a supplemental essay for admission to a world-class STEM university can be tedious and challenging. It requires guidance from someone who’s walked the same path. We pride ourselves on professional essay writers who are Georgia Tech alumni with first-hand experience securing the institution’s admission. Place your order now and prepare to meet and learn from Georgia alumni about writing winning Georgia Tech Admission essays.