Knowing how to write an enduring issue essay is essential to history students, especially to the NYS regent exam in Geography II and Global History. As a student, essays come in different structures and formats, and you are expected to know the distinctive features of each. Dwelve into this art of essay writing, where our essay writers reveal the secrets of writing an excellent enduring issue essay that resonates across generations. We also help students write all types of essays, including an enduring issue essay.
What is an Enduring Essay?
An enduring essay refers to a writeup that addresses a challenge that has existed for a significant period. This issue is most likely to continue. Humans coexist daily, and these daily challenging occurrences are critical to discuss them in depth. When finding ways to write an enduring essay, it is essential to know that writing this essay also helps to address these challenges while offering solutions.
How to Write an Enduring Issue Essay: Steps to Follow
When you are assigned a task and are wondering where to start, the below steps are a guide to making your writing work easier.
- Choose an enduring issue to focus on- Choose a topic you are both comfortable and passionate about. This will help you conduct proper research and provide valid arguments.
- Develop a thesis statement- Your thesis statement should portray your main stand on the issue and leave room for discussion and opinions.
- Organize your essay- Understand the proper flow of your essay, making it easier for your readers.
- Write your essay- Put the points you have researched together and write a catchy, enduring essay.
What are The Types of Enduring Essays?
Enduring essays can withstand the test of time due to their ability to address fundamental issues in humanity. Here are a few common examples of enduring essays you can write and focus on.
- Personal Essays: These essays help you focus on universal themes like love, loss, and identity. Some great examples of personal essays include Virginia Woolf’s “A Room of One’s Own” and E.B. White’s “Once More to the Lake.”
- Political Essays: While writing a political essay, you will focus more on tackling political and societal issues that have ensured for a time. Some topics under political essays you can write on include democracy, freedom, justice, and governance. Thomas Paine’s “Common Sense” and Alexis de Tocqueville’s “Democracy in America” are some great political essay examples.
- Nature and Science Essays: These are enduring essays focusing on exploring the natural world and scientific discoveries. You can contemplate nature’s wonder, common ecological concerns, or certain universe mysteries. Rachel Carson’s “Silent Spring” and Stephen Jay Gould’s “Wonderful Life” are great examples of these essays.
How to Write an Enduring Issue Essay: Tips for Writing an Excellent Essay
While writing an enduring essay, keeping your reader in mind is essential. Address a challenge that has long existed and give your readers a reason to want to read more on the topic you are working on. Here are a few tips on how to write an enduring issue essay.
Understand the Prompt
Understand the prompt that is given to you before writing your enduring essay. Understanding gives you more focus on the prompt, leads you to suitable research sources, and helps you address the main issues this prompt calls you to.
Choose a Clear and Concise Thesis Statement
Your thesis statement should clearly state your stand on the enduring issue. The statement should also provide a clear roadmap and an excellent flow to the rest of your essay. Give only a little information in the thesis statement section. Instead, be brief and leave room for a discussion and argument.
Support Your Thesis Statement with Evidence
Your argument is only strong when you support it with proof or evidence. Ensure your proof comes from reliable sources, including statistics, expert opinions, and previously used examples.
Use a Clear and Logical Structure
Are you still wondering how to write an enduring issue essay? Another essential thing to consider is ensuring you use a logical structure. The structure will flow your essay and help your readers know what to expect in your following discussion points. A good logical structure includes a catchy introduction, several paragraphs in the body segment, and a great conclusion.
Edit and Proofread Your Work
Ensure to go through your whole enduring essay to check for any mistakes before your readers lay their hands on it. Proofreading and editing include:
- Checking for grammatical errors
- Correctly punctuating the texts
- Any errors that could make your work redundant
You can also ask someone else with good essay writing exposure to go through your work and address any needed edits.
Need Someone to Write Your Enduring Issue Essay?
Writing an enduring issue essay involves having a thoughtful and structured approach. You must identify and analyze issues that have kept recurring throughout history. Ensure also to provide proof that supports all your arguments throughout the essay. If you still wonder how to write an enduring issue essay, follow the above steps and tips. Do you still need help? Hire our expert essay writers to help you craft a piece your instructor will approve. Contact us for an estimate, or visit our blog to learn more about writing essays.