The summary of a research paper comprises brief information about a particular study, touching on its core features. Its importance comes from the students learning interaction skills and interpreting the literature in specific academic papers. Essentially, academic papers are the primary way new ideas, theories, and factual evidence are presented to experts in the knowledge fields. Our professional writers have compiled the process of preparing the summary of a research paper and given sample content. We also offer research paper writing services for students.
The Step for Writing a Summary of a Research Paper
Follow the steps below on how to write the summary of a research paper.
- Skim the Article – You need to get the exclusive content and have a clear picture and understanding. Take note of anything significant in the content and how important they are. It helps you understand the sections you will focus on and those that need more reading. Before you start writing, you should clearly understand the professors’ instructions. You can also decide whether to write a summary or get a research paper writing service.
- Analyze the Topic and Understand it – composing a research paper requires familiarization. You must understand the content, concepts, and main points that clarify the writer’s perspective. You can do this when reading the literature review. Understanding the paper means you are to familiarize yourself with the hypothesis, the analysis questions, and the evidence available. It also includes analysis implications and how strong the evidence is. Always remember that deep understanding will allow you to summarise the content efficiently.
- Make Notes: highlight and summarize each paragraph in one sentence, containing only the keywords. Concentrate on the more important information. Be keen so that you refrain from performing extensive writing as your read. This is important because as you read through, some sections may seem more important than others and yet less important, and you may need to focus on the right aspects. When highlighting, only perform emphasis on the essential parts.
- Draft: Take notes from each paragraph and the primary key points. Confirm that you cover all characteristics as per the summary of a research paper.
- Search for More Literature – research for more materials on the same topic and match up with what you have. The overall outcome will determine the direction of the essay and the summary in general.
Sections in a Summary of a Research Paper
A research paper structure is the same as other academic papers. Information in all sections is collated, edited, and presented, even if the headings correspond or not. The key elements in the research paper are as shown below:
- The title – presents the analysis topic in its exact context; it can be created to show the critical points in the findings and the arguments.
- Abstract – this shows in a detailed brief from the case study, virtual, or any academic article presented comprehensively. Length-wise, it may range from 100-500 words in most cases. On the other hand, your research summary should have an abstract shorter than an academic article’s.
- The introduction – this is one of the most critical research summaries that give the vital context of the paper. Presenting an important definition concept and the investigations state will initially help introduce the readers to the article’s main subject. This section is self-evident as the name says it all; introduction-introduce the paper’s central concept. The last thing about an introduction is that it lists the investigation questions and the authors’ advanced hypotheses. These are typically mentioned in a detailed manner in the research summary. Doing this is possible because of the elements in the original paper.
- Methodology – regarding the location, the section provides experimental ways in detailed form or data analysis methods. For example, do the experiments through sampling, surveying, or statistical analysis. Omit these details in a research paper too.
- Section of the Results – this point of the paper lists the evidence in data analysis, primarily the observations, interpretations, conclusions, and data analysis. This is one of the largest sections of any academic paper.
- Discussion – depending on the current knowledge within the experts, discuss the results. In this section, observe the interpretation of the results and the model of theory used in describing the results, and the strengths and limitations observed during the research. Present these essential elements in your research summary paper.
- The Conclusion – In this type of essay, link with the “discussion” or be absent. In the research summary, the instruction may require the section to be a stand-alone. In conclusion, revisit the hypothesis. Here you are to deny or validate based on evidence.
- References – mentioning the cited works from which your sources of information came is the main aim of referencing. In the original article, you have to give the proper citations correctly.
If you need a research paper or even model research papers, visit us, and we will help you do it. By doing this, formularizing your essay in the different sections will be essay.
Tips and Tricks when Writing a Summary of a Research Paper
Have an idea and better understanding of the bigger picture – always remember a clear picture coherent with the story in the original article. It may be helpful to scan the paper so that you can help yourself recall the hypotheses, the goal of the paper, the significant evidence, and the conclusion. Doing this gives you a sense of constant direction so that the written information will not be out of context. It will be helpful even after composing a fourth, half, third, or whole paper. This will make sure that the deviation will not occur.
Write a detailed research outline – before you compose a draft, the structuring of your paper may be of great use. A template of a research outline will also help you in the writing of a research paper structure.
Before writing, make a blueprint of the essential elements of the conclusion – follow the process below;
- Enumerate key evidence,
- Validate the proof,
- Confirm the hypothesis,
- Explain why the subject is essential,
- Tell more about the limitations of the research,
- Give directions for future research.
When you have noted this point, it will be helpful for the future.
Discussion should be last. Thus consider writing the introduction – making the hypothesis, goals, key results, and questions will make sense when you have written them down. You can impose the information available in the discussion and the introduction. Relying on the written paragraphs and generating your discussion will be easy, thus setting a conclusion tool. This tool comes in handy, saving you time.
You Should Include Visuals
- The use of graphs and text can summarize your work a lot. Remembering the chats will also increase the ability to read fast.
- Plagiarize, be careful not to do so – the copying of an entire article or phrase from the article. Given how even good it was, you need to rewrite your paper without any direct coping. Therefore summarize your work without plagiarizing. Keep off the copy-paste. Even the paraphrasing of the words is prohibited. The only way to keep safe is by using your own words and formulating your own words.
- Your words should be on count check – your summary should be of different length, just like the original paper. To add, you must respect the word limit as instructed. Thus, knowing how many words you use in each section would be best.
- Proofread your work – in this section. You are to correct all the errors, grammar errors, spelling mistakes, wordiness, punctuation mistakes, and any other minor and major mistake that you may have done your work.
- YourYour writing style, observe it – when you are summarizing something, the contexts are supposed to be personal, based on the evidence, not forgetting to be precise. Personal views are to be given when required but in critical sections.
- As your friends read your summary – one has an idea of what they have written about. No matter how often you reread your work, some mistakes will not be major. Thus, you need a second person thus to help you even see if the result makes sense.
Is It Too Technical?
Follow us and look at our research paper guidelines on our website. Put in mind that we cover many research paper writings. We also offer all academic writing services; thus, every academic help you need is available at fleekpaper.com. Our services include proofreading, plagiarism elimination, style adjustments, editing, rewriting, and writing your essay.
Example 1 Research Paper Summary
From an imaginary article, below are samples of key elements of a research paper.
Title – “volcanic eruption, its probability in Yellowstone”
Introduction – in this section, you should list all that our country would face when an eruption of the volcanic would happen and the importance of why the matter is to be analyzed.
Hypothesis – Yellowstone volcano eruption could cause by intense precursory activity in a few weeks ups through a few years up.
Results – here, it contains a report of statistical data from several volcanic eruptions that have taken place worldwide. Look at the effects it caused here. You can include the early stage was the activity detected.
The conclusion and the discussion: Yellowstone must be carefully monitored by scientists. You can detect the signs early and provide a hypothesis that is confirmed. This will help in creating an evacuation plan and campaign or other effective measures that can be taken.
Example 2 Research Summary
From an imaginary article, below are samples of key elements of a research paper.
Title – “Comparing to the 50s the extreme weather conditions from 2008 backward to 2008 in the USA”.
Introduction – weather can cause immense material damage, thus bringing in human victims.
Hypothesis – the weather events are extremely more frequent nowadays than in the 50s
Results – this is the list of the frequency in categories of extreme weather conditions time and again. Fires linked droughts and rainfall in large quantities. Floods, tornadoes, hurricanes, and many more.
Discussion and conclusion – the type of these events, whether extreme or frequent, include them in a list, thus confirming the hypothesis. The rising levels of CO2 in the atmosphere due to the increasing frequency correlates.
Need Help When Writing a Summary of a Research Paper?
If you still have doubts about composing your summary of a research paper, you can always request professional help from us at fleekpapers.com, and we will lend you a helping hand. We can also take care of your assignment for you. To tackle your assignment professionally, click the help button. Connect with our professional writers who have tackled tons and tons of academic papers, thus attaining enough experience to write a winning research paper for you.